First thank you for thinking of Valley Model Railroad Club. We are a non-profit association dedicated to making the HO train hobby available to all ages. We understand that some people spend many decades or even most of their lives collecting trains and building layout(s). We appreciate donations of used equipment in working condition. We use what we can on our layouts. Some equipment is sold at train shows to raise funds.
What we can take
- Train Engines and cars. (we are an HO scale club, any other scale equipment is appreciated but will be sold to raise funds)
- Tools, supplies or anything that can be used on a train layout.
- Spools of wire, any gauge. (not boxes of scrap)
- Electrical switches and relays in good working condition.
- Train paraphernalia in good condition (books, photos, signs, toys, displays)
What we can NOT take
- Cans of Paints. (Small jars of train related paints are acceptable)
- Large layouts that can mot be easily moved. 8ft x 4ft sections in working condition are ok.
- We can not come to your house and disassemble a layout.
- Wood or foam building materials.
What do we do with it
- We try and use what we can.
- Find a new home for items in good working order that we can not use.
- Sell things that we can not use to turn the donation in cash we can use.
- Unfortunately somethings are not in working order and can not be used by the club. We try to use or recycle all donations, but some are beyond repair or use.